We, Cakehole London Limited, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy and our Terms and Conditions (under the Terms and Conditions tab on the Site) set out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting the Site you accept and consent to the practices described in this policy. Any capitalised terms used in this policy have the meaning specified in in our Terms and Conditions.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Cakehole London Limited, registered company number 06886194 of Unit 5, Hamilton Road Industrial Estate, Hamilton Road, London SE27 9SF.
Information We Collect About You
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, search for a Product, place an order with us and when you report a problem with the Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to the Site we may automatically collect technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we operate or other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Site. We may also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, allows our website provider to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc.)
_shopify_visit, no data held, persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, stores information about the contents of your cart
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite
How We Use Information About You
We use information you give to us:
(1) to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
(2) to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
(3) to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
(4) to notify you about changes to our products or services; and/or
(5) to ensure that content on the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We will use information we collect about you:
(1) to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
(2) to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
(3) as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
(4) to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and/or
(5) to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We may combine information about you from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your Information
We may share your information with selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others, and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
(1) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
(2) if Cakehole London Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
(3) if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or the safety of our, emloyees, customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we Store your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access To Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.